In this first class, you will learn the smart fundamentals of photography and how to control the buttons on YOUR camera. With 3+ hours of hands-on guidance, this first class is jam-packed with great tips and resources from a pro who is in the field every day.
Learn how to get off auto mode for good as you follow along with a simple presentation that makes it easy to understand how to get great shots anytime, anywhere.
- The easiest 5-Step Recipe for taking great photos anytime.
- Understand the buttons on YOUR camera and which ones to ignore.
- Learn how your camera works to create a proper exposure.
- The 3 MOST IMPORTANT Settings: Aperture, ISO & Shutter Speed.
- Learn how to freeze and show movement in a scene.
- Understand how to show Depth of Field and focus to create a story.
- Learn how to create a proper exposure in Manual Mode.
You just learned how to get off Auto mode. Now, it’s time to get out and practice shooting! In this interactive photography walk, you will build your confidence behind the lens as you practice shooting in Manual mode with a pro by your side.
After the Beginner DSLR Photography class, we will take a lunch break (click here for the best foodie spots in town). Then we’ll regroup at the studio and review what we learned before taking a short, 1-block walk to the best kept secret garden park in downtown Orlando, Florida. Practice capturing different scenarios on the fly and receive hands-on guidance as you shoot.
- Practice shooting in Manual mode for 2+ hours with a pro by your side.
- Learn the Top Ten Compositional Tips for creating an interesting image any time, anywhere.
- Enjoy a unique and interactive nature walk around the best-kept secret park in Orlando, FL.
- Receive one-on-one guidance from a patient teacher and pro photographer.
- Learn how to analyze the light to capture portraits, nature, and landscape photos.
Dickson Azalea Park is an oasis of shady trees, lush foliage, beautiful butterflies, bees, and birds, cascading creeks and tiny waterfalls, wooden bridges, open fields, and hidden pathways. Always blooming with something new, it’s the perfect place for photo-ops!
As you practice, we’ll reveal in-the-moment lighting tips, interesting eye-catching angles, and how to anticipate photo opportunities based on movement, perspective, and depth of field. Come with an open imagination and a desire to capture great visual stories. Leave with professional photo tips, more confident behind the lens, and of course amazing photos!
This pocket-size field guide is perfect for when you’re practicing on your own.
It will help you when you need it most – in the moment shooting! Designed by a professional working photographer, it’s full of smart tips, simple visual diagrams, and all the answers to quickly remember the steps to setting your camera. You’ll also receive a digital version to download and save to your smartphone or print again anytime you need.
“This is so much better than my camera manual. It stays in my camera bag and I pull it out any time I get stuck!”
~Brianna Anders, Beginner DSLR Course Graduate
- All ages welcome. No experience required.
- A DSLR or Mirrorless Camera and 1 Lens
- Charged Battery
- Memory Card w/ space
- Hat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses (Part II)
- Cold Lunch (optional)
- Your Imagination (not optional!)
- Learn from a pro w/ 15+ years of experience
- Fun, engaging & interactive classes
- Small groups of 10 or less
- Easy, practical presentation to follow
- No confusing technical jargon
- Hands-on practice with your camera
- Learn how to shoot in Manual Mode in one class
- 1-on-1 guidance from a patient professional
- Quick bite-size learning lessons + demos
- No need for multiple classes to understand your camera
- Take home a 60+ page digital presentation to keep forever
- All ages, backgrounds, and styles are welcome
- Camera Rentals Available during class!
- Access to the Private Student Facebook Group
Absolutely loved my headshot session with Danielle! She made me feel comfortable, knew exactly where/when to shoot to capture the feel I was looking for, and even gave me a few photo tips during the session! I met her through a photography class she hosted… read more
I am an entrepreneur trying to make things happen. I came across Danielle through google search. My goal is to learn the art of photography, apply it to my business and my personal life. I have had the opportunity to take both her photography and… read more
Danielle was a wonderful teacher. She took the time to explain things to me and gave me time to practice on my own. I look forward to taking another class with her sometime soon.
Danielle is a wonderful teacher. She explained the basic use of my camera with hands-on learning and in warm soft voice that I could understand. She also provided me with a cheat sheet for me to practice with. I highly recommend her for the first… read more