Are you ready to capture tons of unique nature, wildlife, and landscapes along with all the holiday decor at Bok Tower Gardens?
Just over an hour-drive south of Orlando, Bok Tower Gardens is comprised of nearly 50 acres of historic gardens with unique nature, wildlife, a wetland boardwalk, Pollinator and Endangered Gardens, a 20-room Pinewood Estate Mediterranean-style mansion, and of course the 205-foot art deco and neo-Gothic Singing Tower carillon.
Talk about amazing photo-ops!
- We’ll meet at the Visitors Center and you’ll receive the Garden Tour Map.
- After introductions, we will get our cameras ready, and begin our a leisurely stroll through the historic gardens.
- We’ll head straight to the Tower Overlook for the most iconic view.
- Here, we’ll focus on learning the fundamentals and composition of landscape photography.
- I’ll demonstrate how to create a panoramic photograph to later stitch together in Lightroom.
- We’ll learn about framing, scale, color, and depth of field.
- We’ll also learn about my favorite technique – Reflections!
- After that, I’ll show you the route I will be taking along the Garden Map.
- You can choose to join me for guided help, or go out and explore on your own!
At the end and as well walk the gardens together, you’ll have the chance to discuss your challenges and show off your best shots of the day with everyone. You can ask questions, get feedback, and then continue shooting or head to the Palmetto Cafe for a bite to eat before heading home.
Photo Tour Location:
Date: Saturday, December 7, 2019
Time(s): 8 AM – 11 AM or 1 PM – 4 PM
Choose your tour time above.
*Bok Towner Gardens is open from 8 AM – 6 PM.
You are welcome to stay longer and enjoy the gardens.
Price includes admission to Bok Tower Gardens.
- Camera and 1 Lens or Phone
- Charged Battery + Memory Card
- Hat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses, Water Bottle
- Additional lenses (optional)
- Tripod (optional)
- Your Imagination (not optional!)
- Make sure you wear comfortable walking shoes and have a sturdy camera bag to hold everything!
- Learn from a pro w/ 15+ years of experience
- Fun, engaging & interactive classes
- Small groups of 10 or less
- Easy, practical presentation to follow
- No confusing technical jargon
- Hands-on practice with your camera
- Learn how to shoot in Manual Mode in one class
- 1-on-1 guidance from a patient professional
- Quick bite-size learning lessons + demos
- No need for multiple classes to understand your camera
- Take home a 60+ page digital presentation to keep forever
- All ages, backgrounds, and styles are welcome
- Camera Rentals Available during class!
- Access to the Private Student Facebook Group
This pocket-size field guide is perfect for when you’re practicing on your own.
It will help you when you need it most – in the moment shooting! Designed by a professional working photographer, it’s full of smart tips, simple visual diagrams, and all the answers to quickly remember the steps to setting your camera. You’ll also receive a digital version to download and save to your smartphone or print again anytime you need.
“This is so much better than my camera manual. It stays in my camera bag and I pull it out any time I get stuck!”
~Brianna Anders, Beginner DSLR Course Graduate
Danielle is absolutely wonderful to work with and can’t thank her enough for our engagement pictures! If you’re looking for a photographer or photography lessons, I highly recommend Danielle!!
Absolutely loved my headshot session with Danielle! She made me feel comfortable, knew exactly where/when to shoot to capture the feel I was looking for, and even gave me a few photo tips during the session! I met her through a photography class she hosted… read more
I thoroughly enjoyed Danielle’s Beginner’s Photography Workshop! I’ve had a DSLR camera for years but never knew how to use it properly. In fact, I was so overwhelmed by my camera that I didn’t get much past turning it on. Danielle took us back to… read more
Danielle is a wonderful teacher. She explained the basic use of my camera with hands-on learning and in warm soft voice that I could understand. She also provided me with a cheat sheet for me to practice with. I highly recommend her for the first… read more
“Bok Tower Gardens boasts one of the greatest works of famed landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted, Jr. The meandering, historic landscape garden was designed to be a contemplative and informal woodland setting offering a series of romantic recesses and tranquil resting spots, picturesque vistas and breathtaking views of the Singing Tower. Acres of ferns, palms, oaks and pines fashion a lush backdrop for flowering foliage and the spectacular seasonal color of azaleas, camellias and magnolias (a highlight of our spring peak bloom season) showcasing an ever-changing work of art.
One of the wonderful attributes of the Gardens and natural habitats is its wildlife population. It includes 126 different species of birds as well as the threatened gopher tortoise and endangered eastern indigo snake. The grounds of Bok Tower Gardens is a designated site on the Great Florida Birding Trail.
The Gardens consist of paved primary pathways and many mulched secondary paths, some of which have an incline. There are two main pathways that lead into the core Gardens, and many routes to choose in making your way to the Singing Tower. It is about an 8-minute walk to the Singing Tower from the Visitor Center.”
Bok Tower Gardens is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and is supported by tax-exempt gifts, generous contributions and admission revenue. All revenue and Membership support continues Edward W. Bok’s dream of helping to preserve and sustain this gift of beauty for future generations.
Bok Tower Gardens Photo Tour Recommendations:
- View the 8-minute Orientation Video at the Welcome Center to learn about the visionary life of Edward Bok and the history of Bok Tower Gardens.
- Enjoy a leisurely stroll through the historic Olmsted Gardens. Stop to enjoy the Tower Overlook for an amazing photo opportunity.
- Enjoy the Tower architecture and if visiting at 1pm or 3pm enjoy the Carillon concert. Feed the Tower Koi fish.
- Enjoy a leisurely stroll down from the Tower using the path that continues to Pinewood Estate.
- Enjoy a stroll through the estate’s Olmsted designed gardens.
- After visiting Pinewood Estate, continue on the path through the Wild Garden.
- Enjoy the Boardwalk, Window by the Pond and the unique Wild Garden ecosystems.
- Walk through the Outdoor Kitchen & Garden, Hammock Hollow and the Pollinator Garden.
- Stop by the Shop at Bok for a special gift or plant.
- Stop for a meal or snack at Blue Palmetto Café.
- Enjoy the Visitor Center Exhibition featuring information, artifacts and more about the history of Bok Tower Gardens, the Singing Tower and Edward Bok.