Just 30 minutes north of Orlando, in Sorrento, Florida, we’ve been invited to visit the farm of Jack McDonald. Jack has been working his farm for over 50 years and he is thrilled to share his love of this land with us. Step back in time and take an adventure to a part of Florida many don’t even know exsists.
From chickens and guineafowls, to cows, horses and one lone donkey approprately named, Eeyore, there endless options of cute animals portraits. Plus, this farm is home to Bald Eagles, Great Blue Herons, and even sometimes bears.
So grab your telephoto lens, grab your wide angle or prime lens, grab whatever camera you have, and let’s go capture Fall on the Farm!
- We’ll meet promptly at 3pm at Jack’s Farm. (Exact location given to pre-registered students)
- After introductions, we will get our cameras ready, and begin our adventure through Jack’s farm.
- We’ll start at the main house where you’re likely to find chickens and guineafowl running around at your feet.
- Next, we’ll walk into the first field and catch the reflective light in the pond where you will likely see herons too!
- Then, we’ll get aquainted with the cows as we make our way into the pasture up on the hill.
- Here, we’ll focus on learning the fundamentals and composition of landscape photography.
- I’ll demonstrate how to create a panoramic photograph to later stitch together in Lightroom.
- At this point we will begin to see the light change and search for the perfect sunset shot.
- As you move through the farm chasing the light, you’ll love capturing the horses (and donkey) from afar
- Don’t be afraid to get up close and personal with them. This will make for the best shots!
At the end and as well walk the farm together, you’ll have the chance to discuss your challenges and show off your best shots of the day with everyone. You can ask questions and get feedback before the evening light is gone for good around 6pm.
Date: Saturday, November 23, 2019
Time: 3 PM – 6 PM
Location: Jack’s Farm, Sorrento, Florida
*Exact location given to pre-registered students
*Workshop is limited to 8 students. Each must sign a waiver to participate.
*The Beginner DSLR Course is required before attending this workshop.
- A DSLR or Mirrorless Camera + 1 Lens
- Charged Battery + Memory Card
- Bugspray, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Long Pants, Long Shirt, Hat
- Additional Equipment (optional)
- Wide Angle
- Your Imagination (not optional!)