Kickstart your creative portrait photography skills when you begin to develop confidence behind the lens in Part I of this All Day Portrait Photography Workshop.
First, learn how to take creative control of the manual settings on your DSLR or Mirrorless camera. After learning how to get off Auto, you’ll see these tips and tricks in action as we bring beautiful portraits to life in a live demonstration.
Next, practice shooting as you learn the best portrait photography tips for lighting, posing, and interacting with your subjects during your own live photo shoot demonstration.
Last by not least, You’ll have the chance to try out all your new skills immediately as we partner up and practice capturing each other in a real portrait photography session.
- The easiest 5-Step Recipe for taking great photos anytime in Manual mode.
- Understand the buttons on YOUR camera and which ones to ignore.
- The 3 MOST IMPORTANT Settings: Aperture, ISO & Shutter Speed.
- Learn how to freeze and show movement in a scene.
- Understand how to show Depth of Field and focus to create a story.
- Know what settings are best to create a sharp focus on your portraits
- Control the focal points on your camera and compose for creative portraits.
- Learn how to analyze your foreground, midground, and background of a shot
- Begin to understand posing, body positioning, and the best angles
- Learn how to interact and engage to create a genuine expression
- Easy tricks to make your subject feel more comfortable in front of the camera
- 5+ hours of hands-on guidance from 2 professional portrait photographers
- Practice shooting portraits with live models (aka – real people!)
- Learn to anticipate the shot to capture real emotions in an instant
- Discover different types of light and which ones are best for portraits
- Learn how to combat challenging lighting conditions and still get a great shot
- Practice directing your subjects and building confidence behind the lens all day!
This pocket-size field guide is perfect for when you’re practicing on your own.
It will help you when you need it most – in the moment shooting! Designed by a professional working photographer, it’s full of smart tips, simple visual diagrams, and all the answers to quickly remember the steps to setting your camera. You’ll also receive a digital version to download and save to your smartphone or print again anytime you need.
“This is so much better than my camera manual. It stays in my camera bag and I pull it out any time I get stuck!”
~Brianna Anders, Beginner DSLR Course Graduate
With a combined 25 years of experience behind the lens, we’ve photographed families, children, weddings, events, landscapes, and sports all over the world. Now, we’re sharing our best-kept secrets with you.
We’ve created this unique portrait photography workshop for one main reason. We don’t just want to show you how to use your camera to take great shots.
We want to share our secrets to capturing those candid moments you love most.
After years of shooting hundreds of thousands of portraits, we’ve cut out all the fluff, broken down the science, and made it easy for you to learn how to capture portraits in a fun and enjoyable way.
In a nutshell, we’ve compiled all the tips and tricks we wish we had learned when we first started shooting people and we can’t wait to share these secrets with you!
Once you try just a few of our tricks, you’ll be amazed at how quickly you build confidence and start capturing your own unique portraits instantly.
If you’re already as excited as we are, grab your seat now. There are only 10 seats open and this workshop will fill up. Don’t let another day go by dealing with lifeless photos of the ones you love.
Start taking beautiful, naturally lit portraits in one day, and your favorite memories will last for lifetimes to come.
See you behind the lens soon!
Danielle & Alicia
Date: Saturday, April 4, 2020
8:30 AM – Part I: Master Manual Mode + Basic Portrait Settings
12 pm – 1pm – Lunch & Lenses Q & A
1:00 PM – Part II: Posing/Shooting Practice At The Park + Live Model Demo
* No Experience Required. All Ages 13+ are welcome to join.
- DSLR or Mirrorless Camera and Lens (rentals available above)
- Charged Battery + Memory Card w/ space
- Additional Lenses (optional – to practice with)
- Additional Equipment (optional – to ask questions)
- Sunglasses, Hat, Sunscreen (optional for afternoon session)
- Dress to Impress (optional – you may get a portrait of yourself)
- Your Imagination (not optional!)